What do you think of the ongoing weekly editions dedicated to Lord Vishnu?

What do you think of the articles posted in this blog?

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How to make an another human being happy?


Let's be happy. Let's do not hurt others. Let's make the world a better place to live in.

There are many reasons why people lose happiness in life. Let's discuss some of them and find a suitable remedy for it.

I thought of penning this article only after getting an email forward from one of my friends Srirang. Srirang rocks!

So let's start! Let's make others happy.

Methods to make others happy:-

1. Advice! This should be avoided at all costs. Remember, this is not the time to boast about our superiority and forecast our abilities to someone who is at depression. Remember anything will happen to anyone at anytime. I would get fired tomorrow from my job! Or I might get a better job. Who knows? Remember, even the great USSR crumbled like a pack of cards. The so called super power US is getting screwed in Afghanistan and Iraq simultaneously. Life hasn't spared anyone. Let's not advice anyone by saying," Buddy these things happen in life and you have got lots to face tomorrow". The popular jargon especially amongst the present day younger generation of Indian youth is "Life la edhullam oru kashtam illai". Instead let's put in this way,"I had this problem, but I learnt a lot, likewise you will learn more, even more than me and I will be with you to help you out".

2. If a person is too negative, let's not blast at him and say that, "You are pessimistic, mentally weak, you won't survive at your workplace". We are all humans-an imperfect lot-including me. Seriously, we don't know what the other person is facing in life. We might not even fight half of what he is doing. Just because we are in good position we shouldn't take a dig at others.

3. My birthday was on July 27th. I sent an email to my friend Sudhakar(who is in UK doing masters) asking me to wish at 00:00hrs IST on 27th July. I sent that mail 14 days back, around July 13th. But I didn't remind him again and neither he is in Orkut to find out my birthday. I told him in an email, "If you wish me, this year would be good for me". At 00:01hrs IST, I received a call from UK. I saw the number 44-xxxxxxxxxx. I knew instantly it was from the UK. It's been one month now. Life is good if not the best. But I am thankful to God. Not one or two, I have got many humans as my friends. Even amidst busy schedule, let's devote sometime for other humans than spending time with dumb machines. So let's take pride in wishing others.

4. I had a colleague in the name of Reshmi. She was a Punjabi. Her father died years ago and she is the only breadwinner. She has got a sister too and lives with her mother. She is doing her UG in college! She worked at night shifts along with me and then she went to college during the day. Trust me! There are people who are living life. They are fighting in life. They never gave up. At work place, she is given encouragement by all her mates. Tomorrow, she is certainly going to achieve big things. Let's encourage another human being than discouraging or passing comments.

5. Loose talks, gossips. Why should we do that? Why should we ridicule other person's life. If .. If.. we could all get along... and live...Let's start living rather than simply existing. Humans are best creations of God and they have six senses. Blessed! Let's make an effort to use some of them to serve Him the best by rising as high as possible in character. People might wonder how simple bullying, teasing a human being would destroy the peace in world.

Let's assume that we are teasing a person. Tomorrow, he might feel so hurt that he might have a discontent towards a particular human community. This would gradually encourage us to tease him as we have now developed a feeling that we are dominant and gradually this would be done on women. Slowly, this would lead to women abuse. The affected lot will certainly revolt again with revenge. This would lead to communal violence gradually leading to events like September 11th, November 26th Mumbai attacks etc. We need not blame them. We should blame ourselves. If Nicholas II had been a good Tsar, why the need for a Soviet Union through a blood revolution?

6. Let's share fun and enjoy! What are SMS, emails used for? Let's tweet! Let's update each other. Let's share our fun and enjoyment. It is hard for people to be negative when they are having fun.

7. Let's don't dwell on negative conversations. Why should we be sarcastic about other humans? Why should we make ourselves superior to others unless if it regarding academics?

8. A complete change of environment is required. One of my friends got depressed badly. I called him up and took him away from city limits in a train. I didn't advice. I recollected those days when he was important to me and how I owe him a lot. Well, that's the truth. Let's be thankful to an another human being. He is normal now.

9. Superiority complex. Let's not discriminate people based on caste, sex, color, religion. No one is superior. I am a brahmin. Tomorrow, I would marry a brahmin girl. Thali katra naanum, adha kazhuthula vaangara avalum thaan brahmin. The people who made that thali are not brahmins!! If... we could all.. get along... to create that Universal brotherhood in the planet.

10. Barriers don't exist, if we speak to each other. Let's speak and be good to each other. We all should drop the aggressive stance. No one becomes violent in a day or changes soon. Seriously, do we really need a USSR versus USA cold war?

11. Let's nurture the younger generation in the right way. During my childhood, there was a lady who took care of me and assisted my parents. Unforunately, her husband died suddenly. At that time, there were some superstitious people around me and they said that the lady shouldn't be allowed inside the house for the next 6 months. The lady entered the house and I didn't allow her inside thinking that her ill fate hit my family. I even openly insulted her saying," That her ill fated luck would haunt my family".

I feel ashamed for this act even today. It doesn't matter where I work or how much I earn or how many engines I have travelled but I have failed to treat a human as an human. Let's advice the younger generation in the right way! All those doing Namas towards Mecca aren't terrorists. All Hindus aren't like the one who broke the Babur Masjid. Let there be a Mosque, temple, church and fire-temple in every town.

12. If ever a human soul is poisoned, a part of the autopsy would read "jealousy". Why should we be jealous of others? If someone is happily married, why should we be jealous of them? If someone earns better, why should we be jealous of them? The world is so big and there are lots to taste and enjoy than being within a circle. If something never works out we shall try something new.. let's learn new languages, learn about other countries, people and lifestyle...seriously, I am not suggesting or advising.. I just want to know whether you are interested in these as I am much into it.

13.

14.

15.

Well, you have to tell. So tell me how you would make an another human being happy?

-Krishna Kumar.S

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now, a feel good post from you afte a very long time! Good!!! :)

Every point mentioned is something which most of us miss out. The instance when your friend called from UK was indeed feel-good stuff.

Lots of Real life examples made this post much more interesting. Happiness is nowhere, its just within us and the people around! :)

Great post KK.

Krishna Kumar.S said...

@Ashwin:

Very good post after a long time! Dai enna da.. appo mathedellam? (Non-Indian Users excuse!) I was talking in my native language "Tamizh".

Well. We all miss it out. The problem is ego. Everyone should take life seriously which the present day generation lacks a lot. Insulting an human being would definitely create an vindictive attitude. Later there is no use in blaming them as unprofessionals. It's high time the present so called modern generation and teenagers actually develope the art of moving with people without any differences.

-Krishna Kumar.S

Ramanan said...

good one...

If everyone behaves as randy pausch [google on his name and view his last lecture at cmu]-- said "things are not important - people are", this world would be a better place..

but,

whats life without its little problems? [:)]

Krishna Kumar.S said...

@Ramanan:

The problem is not life. The real problem is the people who behave arrogantly! :-) People who think that they are on the top of the world discriminating the unfortunate.

-Krishna Kumar.S